If you are a current Arizona undergraduate student not currently in the Honors College, you can still apply for Honors admission.
To be eligible to apply for Honors, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled University of Arizona student.
- Have completed 12 or more units at the University of Arizona.
- Have a minimum 3.4 Cumulative Arizona GPA.
- Have at least three semesters remaining before graduation.
The application process is competitive. Applications are reviewed by a committee of Honors College staff and faculty, and are judged on multiple measures including:
- Past academic performance.
- Vision for making the most out of participation in the Honors College.
- Plan for graduation with honors.
- Support of academic advisor in major.
STEP 1. REVIEW HONORS COLLEGE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
Pay particular attention to the Honors Graduation Policies available HERE.
STEP 2. COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
The primary application process for Current Wildcats takes place during the Spring Semester (February-April). A special, smaller process takes place in December for students with special circumstances only.
Special circumstances qualifying for the December Application process may include situations such as: limited timeline to graduation, graduating early, and/or applying as a recent transfer student. Students without special circumstances and students with Freshman class standing should apply via our Spring Semester Application Process (Spring Application steps published here by February 1st).
If you believe you fit this “special circumstances” requirement, please reach out to your designated Honors Academic Advisor (see below) to start the application process:
Advisors by Applicant Last Name:
- A-C: Kevin Miloshoff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- D-H: Tori Nardinelli (email@example.com)
- I-M: Catherine Glidden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- N-R: Karen Weaver (email@example.com)
- S-Z: Yuliana Ruiz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
STEP 3. IF ADMITTED TO HONORS, ATTEND A VIRTUAL INFORMATION SESSION WITH HONORS ADVISORS
Meet over Zoom with a member of the Honors Advising Team to learn more about requirements and the opportunities available to Honors students. IN EARLY JANUARY.
STEP 4. RECOMMENDED: AFTER THE VIRTUAL INFO SESSION, MEET WITH YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR
Talk with your major academic advisor about integrating Honors into your academic plans and timelines before the end of the Fall semester.
Contact the Honors College at email@example.com with any questions about the application process for current Arizona students.
Check here for more information on the Honors Fee.