If you are a current undergraduate student who was not originally admitted to the Honors College, the self-nomination process enables you to apply for admission.
To be eligible for honors self-nomination, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled University of Arizona student.
- Have completed 12 or more units at the University of Arizona.
- Have a minimum 3.4 Cumulative UA GPA.
- Have at least three semesters remaining before graduation.
The self-nomination process is highly competitive. Applications are reviewed by a committee of Honors College staff and faculty, and are judged on multiple measures including:
- Past academic performance.
- Vision for making the most out of participation in the Honors College.
- Plan for graduation with honors.
- Support of academic advisor in major.
STEP 1. ATTEND A SELF-NOMINATION INFO SESSION
Sessions are held on multiple dates in early spring.
STEP 2. MEET WITH YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR
Talk to your advisor about the possibility of integrating Honors into your academic plans and timelines. Get your Self-Nomination Advisor Recommendation Form signed.
STEP 3. COMPLETE THE SELF-NOMINATION APPLICATION
The Honors Self-Nomination Application is available online and must be completed by May 1.
Students with unique situations can also apply in a smaller December process. For more information, see the Self-Nomination Page.
The number of honors units that a self-nominating student will need in order to graduate with honors will be determined at the time of enrollment in the Honors College. In general, students entering with 60 or more completed units will be required to complete 18 units of honors credit after they are accepted to the Honors College, and students with 30 or more units will need 24 Honors units, again earned after they are accepted to the Honors College.