Are you looking for a biologically-related research experience for Summer 2021? Apply to the University of Arizona’s Undergraduate Biology Research Program (UBRP)!
UBRP provides opportunities for University of Arizona undergraduates to participate in a paid, mentored, summer research program involving inquiry, design, investigation, research, scholarship, discovery, and the presentation of experimental results. UBRP students select a faculty mentor and conduct research full time (35 hours/week) for a minimum of 12 weeks, and also participate in professional development meetings on Wednesday afternoons and network with other UBRP students through educational field trips and activities. UBRP’s programs include:
- UBRP: For students from any major, class standing, and career aspiration interested in conducting biologically-related research (broadly defined).
- ASPET SURF: For students interested in conducting research with a faculty mentor who is also a member of the American Society of Pharmacology & Experimental Therapeutics.
- NACP: For Native American students interested in biomedical research and in exploring careers related to reducing cancer health disparities among Native populations.
- EHS-TRUE: For underrepresented students interested in conducting research on how chemicals in the environment impact human health.
Applications are due on February 1, 2021 at 5:00pm. To learn more about UBRP’s programs and to apply, please visit https://ubrp.arizona.edu/programs/, or attend a UBRP Info Session by Zoom:
- Monday, November 30 at 1:00pm at https://arizona.zoom.us/j/85040225133 (passcode: UBRP1)
- Wednesday, December 2 at 9:00am at https://arizona.zoom.us/j/82048868034 (passcode: UBRP2)
- Thursday, December 3 at 11:30am at https://arizona.zoom.us/j/85451640718 (passcode: UBRP3)
Want to learn more about what UBRP undergraduate researchers study? Come to the 32nd Annual Virtual UBRP Conference and watch students present their research!
The 32nd Annual UBRP Conference will take place online on Saturday, January 23, 2021 from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. This event is free and open to all interested! For more information and to register, please visit: https://ubrp.arizona.edu/conferences/32nd-annual-ubrp-conference/.
If you have questions, please contact us:
Jennifer Cubeta, UBRP Director, email@example.com
Marisa Lester, UBRP Assistant Director, firstname.lastname@example.org