When the Honors Fee was put into place in Fall 2010, it set in motion the transformation of the Honors College. With the Honors fee, the college was able to create an advising team; launch the first-year experience; establish new opportunities in research, internships, and study abroad; create new courses, and much more. Today, the Honors Fee supports a broad array of classes, programs, funding, and activities that directly support our students.
After hearing from students and gathering input through two surveys and multiple student focus groups, we have developed a plan to make the Honors College experience even more robust in meeting the varied needs of our students.
This year, the Honors College will be submitting a proposal to the Arizona Board of Regents to raise the Honors fee from $500/yr to $950/yr beginning in Fall 2021. Based on student input, the Honors College will:
- Expand Honors course offerings within majors
- Expand Honors general education and elective courses
- Create and support more Honors interdisciplinary minors
- Increase faculty directly engaged and mentoring in Honors
- Develop Honors Online courses, giving students enhanced flexibility
- Provide more advising and financial support for research and thesis completion
- Increase availability of funding for research, internships, and study abroad
- Provide greater career/professional development support and grants
- Increase peer support programs
We certainly recognize that the fee poses a financial hardship for some students and we are deeply committed to continued and increased support of those with financial need.
For questions about the proposal, please contact email@example.com.